Implement customer product ratings and reviews within Miva Merchant. The module license is for ONE mall. Within that single mall, it can be used in multiple stores without additional license. This module is for MIVA Merchant 5.x. We also have the corresponding module for an older version of Merchant.
- Rate with a numerical/verbal score for each product
- Review each product with narrative critique
- Customers login prior to rate and review
- Configurable message if not logged in
- All customers can view ratings/reviews without logging in
- Limit customer to one rating/review per product
- Customer can edit their prior rating/review of the product if logged in
- Ratings are averaged and graphically displayed
- Graphics display on product and/or expanded search, category and product list screens
- Store owner can replace default heart images with their own
- Optional email notification to store when new rating is made
- Auto-approve or admin approve before allowing display in the store
- Admin reports for easy deletion, analysis, and approval
- Admin reports to screen, export to flat file, and optionally email flat file to store
- Easily remove malicious customer prank ratings
- Easily remove all ratings by a specific customer account login
- Easily remove ratings/reviews of a specific product code
- List all unapproved ratings/reviews for easy approval of one or more
- Summary report for all ratings/reviews on a specific product
- Summary report for all ratings/reviews by a specific customer
- Admin reports with hot links of the customer logins so you can quickly view rater details
- Sort the reviews in the order you want them displayed
- Module comes with default layout for both the entry form and display
- Easily replace the default layout with customizable template entry form and display
- Use render tokens for placement of display and/or prompt in the page template screens
- Optionally use tokens in the display template for listing the rater's identity
- Allow customer to include identity with their email, name, or location (automatically filled in from their customer account)
- Exclude specific product codes from being rated
- Integrate with the Emporium Plus Mail Manager module to send a promo email to the ratee, thanking them for the rating
- Limit number of reviews on the product page with a "more" link to show all
- Licensed by domain without need for multistore license if same domain
Feature Details. The purpose of Rate This module is to allow customers (who have signed in)
to provide their rating/review of products offered in the store.
The module allows a customer one review on each product
they choose to rate/review. They can go back and change their
rating and review as it is controlled by their login and password.
The average customer rating is
displayed graphically with whole or half images. This graphical
display can be on the product screen, the category list
screen or both. The default images are
hearts, but the mall owner can substitute any graphics he/she wants.
Customers can also leave narrative comments (# testimonials) about products they wish to review.
All customers, not just those logged in, are able to view the ratings and reviews made by other customers.
In the event that a malicious customer enters prank ratings, the admin interface allows removal of all ratings by specific customers.
Since the module has an email alert feature (if turned on
by the store owner), you will know what ratings are being
left for your products. There is also a report generator
to list all ratings on a specific product code or all
ratings by a specific customer.
You can also display and/or delete the ratings of a
specific product from the individual product edit screen.
Using a render token, place the Rate This button on the product page so that it better fits your desired look. You can
limit the number of reviews which appear on the product page with a "more"
link to show all. You can also require admin approval before
the rating/review is displayed to customers visiting your store. Admin reports can be displayed to screen, exported to flat file,
and optionally email the flat file to the store.
The admin rating reports which display the login have a hot link to the customer
login so you can quickly view who the rater is.
Configure through admin, the text and tokens in both the display and prompt for
this module as they are customizable templates which can replace the default layouts. You can allow the customer to include their email,
name, or location (automatically filled in from their customer account)
along with the reviews, depending on the demographic
you choose to allow in the store. As example, a typical rating might be Reviewer: John in Anglikon, Switzerland 05/14/2001
Great tool and simple to install
The module currently fully supports the mivasql configuration of MIVA Merchant 5. It also supports MySQL as long as load balancing has the data stored on the single MySQL server and
permissions are set correctly on the data
directories. This would be the case in most of the server setups. If you are using Merchant 5.x and your host is web.com, you will not be able to use this module due to the way they configure their servers. There are no known issues with